Sensitive data is leaked via incoming and outgoing email communications which can pose significant threats to your organization. The Clearswift SECURE Email Gateway (SEG) is the market leading solution for securing your email communications, enabling your organization to balance the need to protect critical information with the ability to continuously collaborate.
The SECURE Email Gateway is available with our unique, award winning, Adaptive Redaction technology and is a core component of our Adaptive Data Loss Prevention (A-DLP) solution which enables secure collaboration by automatically removing the sensitive data and/or malicious content that breaks policy allowing the rest of the communication to continue.
Flexible deployment options – now available in the Cloud
You decide how you want to buy and deploy the Clearswift SECURE Email Gateway, either as a pre-installed hardware appliance, as a software image that can be loaded on a choice of hardware platforms, or alternatively virtualized in a VMWare / HyperV environment. It is also available to be deployed in the Cloud including Amazon Web Services providing you with ultimate flexibility to suit your organization’s needs.
Encryption for maximum email security: Automatically encrypt emails, securing any information that passes in and out of your organization.
World-class Inbound Threat Protection
The NEW Clearswift SECURE Email Gateway v4.1 comes with a completely redesigned anti-spam engine incorporating the best-of-breed Mailshell component. This reduces the amount of spam reaching the end-user and the number of false positives (<99.9%). DKIM support enables yet further spam reduction and with a new Outlook Spam Reporter included, spam and any imbedded malware can be monitored, registered and ultimately eliminated.
The features of Clearswift SECURE Email Gateway:
- Granular policy controls: Easily to define with self-documenting policies to allow usage while minimising risk.
- Directory integration: Gather email addresses for senders and recipients from centralized directories on a regular basis and organization hierarchy details.
- Flexible Policy: Create workflow for email messages permitting manager review & release allowing better context to be applied to message management.
- Bi-directional virus and anti-malware scanning: Stops known and unknown malware infection entering or leaving the network with up to 2 AV engines (Sophos and / or Kaspersky).
- Zero-hour anti-malware: Detect and block new outbreaks before virus signatures are available reduces the risks from new malware strains.
- Multi-layer anti-spam: Multiple spam engines provide a holistic approach to spam detection delivering a genuine > 99.9% detection with a 1 in 300,000 fp rate.
- Structural Sanitization: Rather than simply detecting active code, such as(macro’s, scripts and Active/X in messages and attachments, these documents can have the active code removed from Microsoft Office, Open Office and PDF files so that they can be delivered safely.
- Pornographic image scanning: Images that contain pornographic material can be analysed and quarantined reducing the risk of offending the recipients.
Data Loss Protection
- Binary file-type identification: Accurate signature based identification with the ability to define own file signatures.
- Adaptive Redaction: Data Redaction can be used to remove sensitive words and phrases in messages and attachments. Document Sanitization is used to remove document properties, tracking changes and fast-save data.
- Lexical analysis and regular expression rules: Search file content for key words and phrases using simple expression or more complex pattern matching with regular expressions to identify sensitive data.
- Pre-defined sensitive data templates: Easily identify and detect standard information tokens, including credit cards, bank account, social security and national security numbers. User tokens can easily be created and used.
- Work flow rules: Methods to enforce outbound messages to be copied to a manager; Messages violations can be managed by line managers; Messages can be delayed by a custom time to allow for messages to be deleted before it leaves the organization.
- Compliance dictionaries: Multi-language profanity and editable compliance dictionaries including GLBA, HIPAA, SEC, SOX, PCI and PII to minimize reputational and terminology risks.
- Integrated Encryption: TLS provided as standard with optional S/MIME, PGP and Password protection methods to allow messages to be sent securely.
- Portal based encryption: Web based portal email encryption permits encrypted messages to be sent to non-technical user.
- Support for offbox archiving: Relay-to and BCC to divert copies of all or some of the message to on-premise or Cloud based archiving solution.
- Intuitive web-based interface: Ease of use and no requirement to learn complex syntax or Linux commands.
- Multi-gateway consolidated reporting: Consolidated reporting view of user’s activities for easier analysis and sharing of management data.
- Multi-gateway message tracking: Enables a view of where messages came from, how they were processed and where they went across multi-gateways, complete with manual or scheduled export capability.
- Centralised SYSLOG, SNMP, SMTP Alerting: Consolidate to a central SIEM, or use SNMP or SMTP management alerts for a ‘lights out’ data centre deployment.
For more information about Clearswift SECURE Email Gateway, please contact with SLA Company Limited here.